Fruits are used in floral arrangements in many ways whether they are incorporated into the actual arrangement, used as a vase filler or as the vessel itself. In this tutorial we’ll show you how to create your own orange vessel filled with a simple floral arrangement. We used these as decorations for individual place settings that could be taken home by each guest. You can see the full table design HERE.
Oranges (you will be using ½ orange for each arrangement)
Wet floral foam
Knife for cutting orange in half
1. Start with oranges. You will need ½ orange for each arrangement
2. Cut oranges in half.
3. Run knife along the edge first and then hollow orange half with a melon scooper.
4. Scoop all pulp out using a melon scooper.
5. Place soaked and cut to size wet floral foam in each orange half.
6. Gather roses and greenery. We choose green roses as a nice compliment to the orange.
7. Begin placing two roses in each half and continue covering floral foam with greenery.
8. And here you have a wonderful small arrangement for a place setting that could easily be used as a take home gift. How fun is that?